Radio Free Gunslinger #11: Carrying the Lamp



Your host for this edition of Radio Free Gunslinger, entitled 'Carrying the Lamp,' is Walter Gropius.

The Content

First Sequence:
Thee Midniters - Jump, Jive & Harmonize
The Guilloteens - For My Own
Mouse & The Traps - Maid of Sugar, Maid of Spice
The Penny Arkade - Swim
October Country - My Girlfriend is a Witch

Second Sequence:
The Swingle Singers - Fugue in D Minor
Mathiew Herkowitz - Bach à la Jazz
Bobby Gutesha - Inventio 13
Bud Powell - Bud on Bach
Jacques Loussier Trio - Aria

Third Sequence:
Black Flag - Rise Above
X - Johnny Hit and Run Pauline
Minutemen - Political Song for Michael Jackson to Sing
Bad Brains - Pay to Cum
Descendents - Suburban Home

Fourth Sequence:
Colin Blunstone - Misty Roses
Scott Walker - Black Sheep Boy
The Small Faces - Red Balloon
Gary Lewis & The Playboys - Reason to Believe
Ramblin' Jack Elliott - If I Were a Carpenter

Summation:
Buddy Rich - Caravan (by request)

3 comments:

Lauri said...

Wow--thanks for this. I just learned about some great music I had not previously been aware of.

mister muleboy said...

I was taken away by this edition of Radio Free Gunslinger -- when I later read that it clocked in at 71 minutes, I thought they'd overshot its length by 50 minutes.

I never knew that the right clutch could shift gears between 1st in a beat-up Beetle to 2d in a Jag to 5th in a freight train.

There are few benefits from residing in our nation's capital; there were quite a few more between 1977 and 1986. The chance to see Bad Brains and the availability of the original recordings of Pay to Cum were two.

I'll try to dig up the two that I have (somewhere); once found, they'll make their way to the Sutpen [virtual] smoking lounge. Through fancy electrical and electronic trickery, of course. . . .

WillyC said...

Thanks Tom, I enjoyed some old (punk) favorites and some new things - Mouse & The Traps, Swingle Singers, Red Balloon, Ramblin Jack Elliott, Caravan